Collect large well debris
The JUNK MUNCHER wellbore cleanup tool validates wellbore cleanup operations while removing debris that restricts the ID of perforated pipe. The tool is engineered to collect the larger pieces of debris generated during perforating, casing milling, and window-cutting operations.
The collection vessel of the JUNK MUNCHER tool is a large-OD tube. The vessel is ported to allow pass-through of cuttings, cement particles, and smaller pieces of junk that are circulated out of the hole. Flow-assisted flapper valves ensure that large debris stays in the collector.
The tool can be run on the same trip as a precompletion mechanical wellbore cleanup run or during a dedicated junk run.
- One-piece mandrel with box-up/pin-down connections
- Availability of integral liner-top dress-mill profile or junk-mill profile
- Availability of pilot mill
- Removes large pieces of debris from the wellbore through large entry throats
- Runs as part of the cleanup operation or as part of a dedicated junk cleanout run
- Runs below the WELL PATROLLER validation tool to collect large debris