Remove scale chemically without corrosion
ScaleSOLV carbonate scale dissolver (CSD) removes oilfield scales effectively without severely corroding tubulars and downhole completion equipment. It is an organic scale dissolver for
- applications where using other mineral or organic acids is not desirable
- calcium carbonate and is also effective against iron carbonate and iron oxide scales
- use with high-chromium steels, fragile tubing, and acid-sensitive formations.
ScaleSOLV dissolver has a higher dissolving capacity than either formic or acetic acid and is essentially noncorrosive, thus eliminating the need for corrosion inhibition. The optimized CSD formulation, which dissolves carbonate scales by a combination of proton release and chelation,
- has a high reaction rate and a very high dissolving capacity compared to standard organic acids
- has a very low corrosion rate on mild steel (N80, J55, P105)
- can be used on 13% chrome steels without corrosion inhibition.