Portable systems for treating drilling wastes offshore
Conventional slop water treatment methods involve shipping waste to shore for treatment and disposal. This process increases exposure to HSE risks and can still cost thousands of dollars per cubic meter of slop. Shipping to shore also requires thorough cleaning of the vessel tanks after offloading, which adds to costs and the overall volume of waste.
The ENVIROUNIT offshore slop water treatment system provides a rig-based, compact, and modular solution for treating and recycling slop water. The proprietary four-step treatment process reduces overall waste volume by more than 90% while simplifying logistics and saving considerable time and costs over conventional methods.
ENVIROUNIT system benefits
- Reduces offshore drilling waste stream by up to 90%
- Minimizes transportation requirements
- Recycles and enables reuse of oil- and synthetic-based drilling fluids
- Lowers landfill disposal requirements and liabilities
- Minimizes personnel requirements
- Allows complete waste-stream traceability
- Reduces supply-boat downtime for tank cleaning after slop water transport and eliminates waste production from cleaning