Real-time fluid answers—No more waiting for laboratory analysis
The InSitu Fluid Analyzer real-time downhole fluid analysis (DFA) system integrates various sensors making quantitative fluid properties measurements to deliver a comprehensive characterization of reservoir fluids at reservoir conditions.
Quantified, accurate fluid data that was previously unachievable from wireline logs or the laboratory analysis of collected samples is now possible:
- hydrocarbon composition (C1, C2, C3–C5, and C6+)
- gas/oil ratio (GOR)
- live-oil density and viscosity
- pH of water (aquifer, connate, injection, or water-based mud [WBM] filtrate)
- reservoir fluid color
- free-gas detection
- downhole fluorescence (dew precipitation in retrograde gas condensates)
- flowline pressure and temperature (regime of the sample chamber, not the probe)
- resistivity of reservoir water
- oil-based mud (OBM) filtrate contamination.