Petromac Wireline Express combines an angled hole finder and tool taxis to resolve wellbore conditions that often compromise wireline logging operations, including ledges and washouts, differential sticking, high deviation, stick/slip, and sample recovery.
The hole finder fits all standard sizes of logging tools and wellbores. The angle is readily adjusted to suit the drill bit size and tool standoff.
Tool taxis are wheeled carriages with large, 6-in-diameter wheels and an active lubrication system. Their ultralow-friction bearings are pressure compensated to prevent wheel jamming. The tool taxis fit over the housing and are positively secured to the C-spanner recess holes to ensure alignment as well as orientation of the entire toolstring and its sensors.
- Low tool drag and significantly reduced tension while logging
- Elevation of toolstrings above the wellbore wall to prevent differential sticking, stick/slip motion, and tool holdup from cuttings accumulation
- Seamless sliding over ledges up to 6 in
- Accurate orientation of logging tool sensors
- Prevention of rotational tracking by imaging tools