Internally threaded body and a retained bonnet closure
Similar to H2 needle-and-seat chokes, two configurations are available for H2I chokes:
- Positive chokes provide a fixed flow condition with a large selection of available bean sizes and types.
- Adjustable chokes provide variable flow rates, but can be locked into position if a fixed flow rate is required.
- H2I chokes are available in 2-in and 3-in nominal sizes.
- Patented bleed screw assembly requires the operator to safely vent the body pressure before the bonnet assembly can be removed.
- Each body (positive or adjustable configuration) is equipped with a port for monitoring or venting pressure.
- Acme threads can be cleaned and inspected easily on both the bonnet assembly and body.
- Bleed screw assembly provides metal-to-metal sealing.
- Choke is designed and manufactured in accordance with API Spec 6A, including performance verification testing for PR-2 level chokes.
- Choke body is forged.
- Retained bonnet closure improves operator safety
- Operation and maintenance are easy.