The Multidomain Shale Training Program quickly and effectively equips your team with the knowledge necessary to economically develop unconventional reservoirs. Learn about these complex reserves from industry experts with decades of experience as well as by modeling actual shale prospects, visiting core laboratories, taking field trips, and ultimately presenting a pilot project developed in class.
Enhance team competency with focused curricula
The Multidomain Shale Training Program is divided into two modules: Geoscience and Engineering. Both include common workflows, simulations using field data, and courses that enhance the competencies and skills needed to work effectively in multidisciplinary shale teams.
During the 12-week program, your teams will
- gain essential scientific knowledge
- get hands-on exposure to a wide range of software applications, laboratory techniques, tools, and field-technology applications
- visit relevant Schlumberger research, testing, and operations centers
- apply their learning to a real-world project.
Bring the benefits of multidomain training to your organization
Upon completing the Multidomain Shale Training Program, your team will have the knowledge necessary to work in teams to
- map, model, and characterize sweet spots
- identify well spacing and pad locations more accurately
- place wells and extract hydrocarbons at a lower cost and with a greater overall success rate
- optimize well designs and drilling trajectories
- enhance completion and stimulation strategies
- improve operational efficiencies
- prevent environmental impact.