Challenge: Design an acid gas removal system (AGRS) for an onshore processing facility to efficiently address variations in feed gas composition (12- to 25-mol% CO2 and H2S) and flow rate and deliver product gas with <8-mol% CO2.
Solution: Use CYNARA PN-1 dual-zoned acid gas removal membrane technology† to achieve the required product gas specification with a system fabricated in multiple modular trains to efficiently manage dynamic swings in flow rate.
- Delivered system on time.
- Eliminated need for liquid chemicals
(and the resulting weight, transportation,
storage, and disposal issues).
- Reduced installation cost (capex) by 50%
and opex by more than USD 180 million
over 20 years.
- Enhanced operational flexibility to deliver
stable outlet gas.
- Exceeded designed hydrocarbon separation
quality by 100%.
- Exceeded designed flow capacity by 20%.
† CYNARA PN-1 membrane technology was jointly developed by Petronas and Schlumberger. It is based on CYNARA acid gas removal membrane systems.