Williston Basin, Bakken Formation, United States, North America, Onshore
Challenge: Perform multistage stimulation treatments in two infill wells without sanding up or significantly reducing oil production in the primary well between them.
- Design stimulation treatments using BroadBand Sequence fracturing service, which facilitates sequential stimulation of perforated clusters to maximize wellbore coverage and reservoir contact.
- Design some treatments to include BroadBand Shield fracture-geometry control service to minimize the risk of frac hits.
- Monitor pressure communication between wells using WellWatcher Stim stimulation monitoring service.
- Eliminated pressure communication between one infill well and the parent well in stages using the BroadBand Sequence and BroadBand Shield services, as compared with pressure communication observed in up to 61% of stages fractured without BroadBand Shield service.
- Boosted oil production in the parent well by 150% and avoided sanding up, saving an estimated USD 400,000 and more than two weeks of deferred production if a cleanout had been required.
- Produced 66% more oil equivalent from infill wells as compared with parent well production in the 11 months after stimulation.