Leveraging the TeleScope high-speed telemetry-while-drilling service, sonicVISION service delivers full slowness time (ST) projections to surface. This service provides real-time compressional (DTc) and shear measurements (DTs) with a full slowness projection log during drilling—at the rig site or office through the InterACT global connectivity, collaboration, and information service.
Additional QC is provided with automatic station measurements during a connection. In this noise-free environment, the sonicVISION service takes a check measurement that is sent uphole when pumping resumes, further QCing the real-time log.
These reliable velocity measurements let you
- optimize mud-weight selection
- predict pore pressure independent of temperature and salinity effect
- identify top of cement
- understand rock mechanical properties
- measure porosity sourceless
- position bit-on-seismic using synthetics
- identify gas influx or formation gas
- perform many other standard sonic applications.